[Pw_forum] dE0s is positive which should never happen

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Sun Jul 10 09:15:04 CEST 2011

On Jul 9, 2011, at 10:50 , Guntram Schmidt wrote:

> I lateron want to compare the total energy of two polymorphs - energy
> didn't converge until 200!

energy differences between different structures converge much more
quickly than absolute energies

> Is there a way to preestimate the needed memory per job?
> I couldn't find any hint on this.

run a few smaller job and extrapolate. See also:
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/user_guide/node47.html
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/user_guide/node48.html

P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222