[Pw_forum] problem with symmetry recognition

giuseppe.mattioli at mlib.ism.cnr.it giuseppe.mattioli at mlib.ism.cnr.it
Sat Jul 9 22:46:33 CEST 2011

Dear Stefano, dear all.
Ok, but suppose that I would like to put a (quite useful) constraint
like: "I say that the lattice is cubic because I know that it MUST be
cubic (or tetragonal or monoclinic or so...), than KEEP IT CUBIC while
performing a vc-relax, irrespective of the stress tensor! Change the
volume, change the a/c ratio (if the lattice is, e.g., tetragonal) but
retain the space group. I often have to perform a (boring) multi
dimensional fit by changing the lattice parameters by hand on a grid
near to the "expected" minimum...
I do not know exactly if Pascal's question was similar to mine;
nevertheless I hope this can help...

Yours

Giuseppe