[Pw_forum] hysteresis Loop

Seyed Javad Hashemifar hashemifar at cc.iut.ac.ir
Thu Jul 7 19:13:08 CEST 2011

I am not sure but my understanding is that studying hysteresis phenomena
needs to phenomenological models and I doubt if it is possible to study
directly this macroscopic phenomena by first principles calculations without
any phenomenology. As far as I know husteresis is s macroscopic phenomena
wich originates from domain structure of the system. For example in the case
of ferromagnetic hysteresis, the magnetic domain structure of the system
give rises to hysteresis effect. Hence I guess you have to develop or find a
phenomenological model based on some physical parameters such as domain wall
energy to be able to draw hysteresis loop. The physical parameters of
phenomenological models could be calculated by direct first principles
computations.

SJ Hashemifar

Seyed Javad  Hashemifar
Physics Department, Isfahan University of Technology
84156-83111 Isfahan, Iran
Tel: +98 311 391 2375     Fax:+98 311 3912376
Email:  hashemifar at cc.iut.ac.ir
Homepage:  http://hashemifar.iut.ac.ir