[Pw_forum] hysteresis Loop

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu Jul 7 14:57:25 CEST 2011

Il giorno 06/lug/2011, alle ore 23.39, Mahdi Mirnezhad ha scritto:

> Dear Developers,
> I want to study the hysteresis loop by using the DFT calculation.

Hysteresis loops can arise in several physics phenomena and in different situations, so it is not clear to me what you are referring to.
Please make your question more specific, for instance by pointing to some work in the scientific literature! Are you speaking about dynamics, magnetism, other...?

GS

> DFT
> simply calculates the Ground State of the physical system, it is not
> involve the memory of system. Could any body introduce me a DFT or
> "DFT like" method for this kind of calculations?
> Thanks in advance

§ Gabriele Sclauzero, EPFL SB ITP CSEA
   PH H2 462, Station 3, CH-1015 Lausanne