[Pw_forum] charged defect in a unit cell

Tram Bui trambui at u.boisestate.edu
Mon Jul 4 08:16:30 CEST 2011

Dear Giuseppe and Hongsheng,
 Thank you very much for your information. The paper was a great source. I
have read the paper couple times and also google here and there but there is
something I don't quite understand is the shallow acceptor. I take the
courage to ask you a little further into the paper. The authors mentioned of
the case where they took Mg acceptor in GaN, and the term Ecorr was used
 (eq. 3) in the shallow centers. Can some one help me to understand what a
shallow acceptor means? my guess was it is the energy level of the acceptor
(Mg in GaN) if lower than the thermal energy-->shallow, if higher--->deep.
Is that correct? I really appreciate your help.

Great Respect,
Tram

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>wrote:

> On 07/01/2011 05:19 PM, Giuseppe Mattioli wrote:
> > Dear Tram Bui
> > First, you may want to carefully read the following paper:
> >
> > Van de Walle, C. G.; Neugebauer, J. J. Appl. Phys. 95, 3851 (2004)
>
> Should be J. Appl. Phys. 95, 3851 (2004).
>
> Best
> --
> Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
> School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,
> Ningxia University, Yinchuan 750021, China

Tram Bui

M.S. Materials Science & Engineering
trambui at u.boisestate.edu