[Pw_forum] libmkl_intel_lp64 (QE 4.2 vs 4.3)

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Jul 1 08:58:58 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 03:08 +0430, Masoud Nahali wrote:

> The MKL libraries path was exactly included in the .bashrc file,
>   ...] I can run all examples of QE (version 4.2) successfully and for
> the 4.3 and 4.3.1 ones I get the error while loading shared libraries:
> libmkl_intel_lp64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory. It is strange for me what makes such difference.

if I remember correctly, v.4.2 was linking *.a (static) mkl libraries,
while v 4.3 links *.so (shared) libraries, by default. You can verify
this using "ldd executable-file-name". If a compiled code doesn't
find shared libraries, there is something incorrect in your init files.

P.
--
Paolo Giannozzi, IOM-Democritos and University of Udine, Italy