[Pw_forum] ecutrho and rrkj psp

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Mon Jan 31 12:58:21 CET 2011

there are two reasons why ecutrho > 4*ecutwfc may be needed
-USPP: rho is intrinsically  harder than 4*ecutwfc
-XC functionals: while hartree needs the same cutoff as the density, the
xc functional may require higher an cutoff. this is particularly so for
gradient corrected functionals while LDA are usually not so hard.

BEWARE the pseudopotentaila naming: _rrkj are NCPP but _rrkjus are USPP !

which pesudopotentials are you using ?

stefano