[Pw_forum] Constrained Direction of Magnetization

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Fri Jan 28 18:42:54 CET 2011

Il giorno 28/gen/2011, alle ore 18.17, Sahar Mirshamsi ha scritto:

> Dear Gabriel,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have been playing by the amount of "lambda" for a while, I tried
> lambda=1, 10, 20, 100 but non of those jobs even converged, the energy
> mostly is oscillating.

If the scf procedure does not converge you should try with smaller lamba (such that it converges) and then start another run with larger lambda using the wfcs and charge from the previous run. This kind of calculations are often difficult to converge.

> I did not try "nosym" flag yet, hope that one will
> help. any other suggestion? any specific thing about initial magnetization
> which may help in gaining the convergence?

Please provide an input file.

GS

> Thanks,

§ Gabriele Sclauzero, EPFL SB ITP CSEA