[Pw_forum] 60 atom Grain boundary... (Elie Moujaes)

Haru Deku adadadad3018 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 17:42:39 CET 2011

Dear Elie Moujaes

Do you mean that your calculated Fermi-energy in C60 system is not located
at which the DOS becomes zero even though you got the reasonable band
structure.

If so, I recommend a check for the convergence of Fermi-energy.

For example,

please check the energy convergence against

(1) increase of the number of k-points in nscf calculation, after you
confirm that the KS energy spectrum is converged sufficiently in SCF
calculation (and also should check the convergence against the smearing
width)

(2) change in the mesh in DOS calculation.

May be you will get more reliable and better result.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Haruhiko Dekura

Haruhiko Dekura

Postdoctoral Fellow

Senior Research Fellow Center, Ehime University, 2?5 Bunkyo-cho, Matsuyama,
Ehime 790-8577, Japan

Dear all,