[Pw_forum] Mean Square Displacement (MSD) of atoms

Bertrand SITAMTZE siyouber at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 18 10:07:35 CET 2011

Dear Changru

Thank very much for your answer.

The routines in Daan Frenkel and Berend Smit's book is are not suitable for postprocessing the *.pos file. Maybe these could give an idea, but I would like to have a routine that could help in postprocessing the *.pos file.

Secondly, what about the "Means square Displacement" printed every "isave" step in the *.out file? I though one could collect all the printed MSDs in one file to build the total MSD for all ions. Is this correct?

Thank once again for your help

Bertrand SITAMTZE YOUMBI, PhD
Laboratory of Material Sciences
University of Yaounde I-Cameroon