[Pw_forum] van der Waals density functional

Riccardo Sabatini sabatini at sissa.it
Thu Jan 13 19:21:16 CET 2011

Hello,

     the vdw-DF is now implemented, thanks to Prof. de Gironcoli and
Prof. Thonhauser, Brian Kolb and some work I did. The version now in the
CVS can calculate the stress, and then yes, cell optimization are
possible (and very soon gamma-calculation as well).

     Regarding the examples, we already have some examples running and
ready to be uploaded to the CVS, I believe at the end of this week
you'll find everything on the server. In the examples there will to a
small guide too, to introduce how to use this kind of functionals. Last
point, the vdw-DF2 it's on the way as well, thanks again to Prof.
Thonhauser and Brian Kolb.

     Riccardo

--
Riccardo Sabatini | PhD Student in Consended Matter
Scuola Internazionale di Studi Avanzati (SISSA)
Via Bonomea 256 | 34100 Trieste | sabatini at sissa.it
T: +39 040 3787 492  | M: +39 348 335 3381