[Pw_forum] combining vdW-DF and hybrids?

CONESA CEGARRA, JOSE CARLOS jcconesa at icp.csic.es
Sat Feb 12 13:46:26 CET 2011

hi,

I am doing some tests with the cvs version of Q-E. I wonder, could one combine the HSE06 functional (that refers only to exchange) with the vdw-DF correlation? I tried a line such as
input_dft='nox+pw+hse+vdw'

but got a message of incompatibility of functionals.

Also, some question to the developers:

a) is there work for allowing soon the use of hybrid functionals with USPP or PAW potentials?

b) will the vdW-DF2 functional be available (with both ions and cell relaxation, if possible) in the 4.3 version?

All the best,

--
José C. Conesa
Instituto de Catálisis y Petroleoquímica, CSIC