[Pw_forum] vdW force in mm_dispersion.f90 and Van der Waals functional

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Feb 9 09:02:29 CET 2011

Dear Yukihiro Okuno,

     by symmetry the DFT-D contribution to the forces on atom na due to
its periodic images is zero.

     As said previously forces and stress are implemented within vdW-DF.
     Actually forces need no specific implementation as via
Hellmann-Feynman theorem only derivatives of the external potential is
needed. Stress has been implemented (by Riccardo Sabatini in SISSA) and
is currently in the cvs version.

stefano