[Pw_forum] How to test pseudo potential for non-metallic element?

Giovani Faccin faccin.giovani at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 18:30:50 CET 2011

Dear Wu,

To check the transferability it's good to try different electronic
environments. The ld1 tests are the first thing to do. If they look ok,
then try very different structures, including at least a bulk and the
dimer, and compare with the literature. This will give you an idea about
how transferable the pseudo is. Of course you can try molecules as well if
you know what result to expect.

Happy new year!

Giovani Faccin

UFMS / Brazil