[Pw_forum] PP generation and plotting ld1 output

Пермяков Евгений permeakra at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 23:42:30 CET 2011

Disclaimer

At moment I need pseudopotentials for Mo, Co, S, H, C, O for PBE or
better functional. Distribution, however, do not present PBE pseudo for
Mo. So, i tried to build one, using Ru input is starting point (in
distribution). When I tested pseudo built I found, that it works bad for
ionic states (errors about 0.1 Ry). This means, I need either a PP with
semicore  or very fine tuning. The latter is a problem, since I need
good performance for most states (1....6). Thus, I look forward for
semicore.

As I understand PP, I have to specify radii, whithin wich orbitals
should be smoothed. The problem is, that to do it I need to find, where
core electron density mostly end.

So, here are the question.

1) Tutorials I found give some plotting comands, but do not give any
advise how to plot density from specific subshell. How should I do this ?

2) Can someone tell me, are there any traps with PPs with semicore and
possibly point some specific tutorials ?