[Pw_forum] Hybrid functional pressure

Davide Ceresoli davide.ceresoli at istm.cnr.it
Thu Dec 15 09:42:13 CET 2011

Dear Sam,
     I hope I have implemented correctly the formula found in:
Phys. Rev. B 73, 125120 (2006). As suggested by Stefano Baroni
I test it by applying finite deformations to an fcc-silicon cell.

I recall that it worked well for the diagonal components of the
stress, although it converges extremely slowly with respect to
q-points (not k-points, but nq1, nq2, nq3). For the off-diagonal
components (i.e. shear modulus), I couldn't achieve convergence.

The answer to your question is: we need more testing. Maybe you
can help by testing the two approaches (the formula and the finite
deformations) on your system and then let us know.

Best,
     Davide