[Pw_forum] why is the tetrahedron interpolated DOS step-like?

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Fri Dec 9 18:59:38 CET 2011

Eduardo: you may want to rehearse the theory of critical points, such as explained in many solid-state texts, my favorite one (at least in this field) still being Bassani and Pastori Parravicini's. SB

On Dec 9, 2011, at 1:33 PM, Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to know if the step-like aspect of a DOS calculated with the tetrahedron interpolation is what is expected to be. Please, take a look at the figures attached. I would expect something soft or at least a polygonal line with slope.
>
> I have looked at flib/dost.f90 and checked that the interpolation formulae are the same of the Bloechl's article OK.
> I am sorry to ask such a basic question, but I am puzzled since a long time, and tired of soften the stepped line with an additional program.
> Thanks in advance
> --
>

> Eduardo Menendez Proupin
> Departamento de Química Fisica Aplicada
> Facultad de Ciencias
> Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
> 28049 Madrid, Spain
> Phone: +34 91 497 6706
>
> On leave from: Departamento de Fisica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile URL: http://fisica.ciencias.uchile.cl/~emenendez
>
> "Padece, espera y trabaja para gentes que nunca conocerá y que a su vez padecerán, esperarán y trabajarán para otros, que tampoco serán felices, pues el hombre ansía siempre una felicidad situada más allá de la porción que le es otorgada. Pero la grandeza del hombre está precisamente en querer mejorar lo que es. En imponerse Tareas. En el Reino de los Cielos no hay grandeza que conquistar, puesto que allá todo es jerarquía establecida, incógnita despejada, existir sin término, imposibilidad de sacrificio, reposo y deleite. Por ello, agobiado de penas y de Tareas, hermoso dentro de su miseria, capaz de amar en medio de las plagas, el hombre puede hallar su grandeza, su máxima medida en el Reino de este Mundo".
> Alejo Carpentier, El reino de este mundo, (1949).
>
> Translate from spanish here http://translate.google.com/?hl=&ie=UTF-8&text=&sl=es&tl=en

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center - Trieste
http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale de la pensée - Jean Piaget