[Pw_forum] Al pseudopotential and elastic properties

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Thu Dec 8 12:03:14 CET 2011

Dear Joerg,

typically you have to use much higher cutoffs to converge the stress
matrix, than what is needed to converge the relative shape of the
potential energy surface.

I.e. increasing the cutoff beyond your values would only lower the
potental energy surface, but not really change its shape, while it would
still change the stress matrix.

Of course, it could also be bad luck brought by using mp
smearing, rather than mv smearing. These codes can be quite
sensitive.

:-)

			nicola