[Pw_forum] wavefunction and symmetries

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Sun Dec 4 19:12:27 CET 2011

Dear Michele,

if you need something more basic, you may want to take a glance at one of the many textbooks on group theory (such as Tinkham's or Gold & Knox's, or Lax's), or an old textbook on electronic-structure theory (my favorite one is still Bassani & Patori Parravicini's).

SB

On Dec 1, 2011, at 10:32 PM, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2011, at 18:07 , Michele Pisarra wrote:
>
>> can anyone tell me what is the connection between the
>> eigenfunction corresponding to k points connected by
>> symmetry operations? If there is any, of course.
>
> some time ago I wrote these notes. I am not sure they are
> correct, though.
> <simmetria.pdf>
>
> P.
> ---
> Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center - Trieste
http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale de la pensée - Jean Piaget