[Pw_forum] Problem with Ni/Ni3Al system

Gabriele Sclauzero gabriele.sclauzero at epfl.ch
Tue Aug 30 13:46:44 CEST 2011

Il giorno 30/ago/2011, alle ore 13.12, <martins at if.uff.br> <martins at if.uff.br> ha scritto:

> Dear Gabriele and Fabio,
>
> thanks for your replies! With relation to the Gabriele's concerns:
>
> i) I use gfortran compiler under linux (Debian). The linear algebra
> packages are the standart for the distribution.

Do you mean those included in the QE distribution or those coming with the Debian distribution?
I would bet the the first are more reliable.

> I use too the MPICH to
> run the paralel jobs.
>
> ii) With relation to the ecutrho variable, really I did not to improve
> its value.

What do you mean with "improve"?
You should check convergence of the calculation also w.r.t. ecutrho when using USPPs.

> On the other hand, as Fabio told, the same input file
> runned in the Fabio's and Eugenio's machines. Moreover, I did some
> calculations (in paralel) to another supercells and they were fine.

Did you check your atomic structure carefully (e.g. by using Xcrysden)?

> Concerning the Fabio's question, the calculation stopped just in the
> beginning.

Then it's likely to be due to either a library problem or a wrong atomic structure (e.g. almost overlapping atoms), in my opinion.

HTH

GS

> One more time, thanks!
>
> Adriano