[Pw_forum] Serial algorithm

Ramesh Kumar rameshchitumalla at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:29:00 CEST 2011

> ------------------------------
>  On Aug 20, 2011, at 8:56 , Ramesh Kumar wrote:
>
> > Please somebody let me know about
> >
> > "Subspace diagonalization in iterative solution of the eigenvalue
> > problem:
> > a serial algorithm will be used"
>
> do you know how iterative diagonalization (or iterative
> orthonormalization in Car-Parrinello) works?
>
> P.
> ---
> Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

Dear Paolo Giannozzi,

The iterative diagonalization works both in serial and parallel manner.

I am writing my question in detail here. My problem is, when I use the older
version of PWScf (v.4.0.1), the output file is writing that the program is
using a parallel distributed memory algorithm and when I use the new version
(v.4.3.1), a serial algorithm was used. Would you please let me know the
possible cause.

Thank you.

*With Best Regards:*
*