[Pw_forum] Temperature rescaling in MD calculation (DONG Rui)

Antonio Tilocca uccaati at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 15 12:13:27 CEST 2011

Hi Rui,

the standard Berendsen thermostat implemented in PW works perfectly fine
to control the temperature in an MD run. Depending on how far your
initial temperature is from the target, the plain isokinetic rescaling
('rescaling' keyword) is another option which might work well in your
case.

Antonio Tilocca
University College London