[Pw_forum] Co Pseudopotential

Izaak Williamson izaakw89 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 01:16:50 CEST 2011

Thank
you Heather and Jia for your replies. For a single Co atom, I do get the
total magnetization of 3 but when Co is on a surface, its spin
polarization comes out to be 2, which is S=1. The all-electron
calculations were also done using pbe functional and on the same
surface and with the same coverage of Co.

Heather, what do you mean by
locally? I do calculate the spin polarization from pdos. The whole
system does have an even number of electrons but why does it result in
S=1? Any explanation would be appreciated.

--
Izaak Williamson
Research Assistant