[Pw_forum] Slow calculation of (5, 5) CNT transmission and complex bands.

chengyu yang chengyu.young at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 21:14:58 CEST 2011

Thank you Dr.Sclauzero and all,

     I've changed the pseudo potential to USPP, set the ecutwfc down to 35,
and reduce theepsproj=1.d-5, and I ran the whole procedure to calculate the
band structure of my (5,5) CNT again.

   This time the procedure runs well and faster  until I got to the bands.x
step, I got " negative rho (up, down):  0.502E-03 0.000E+00" at the
bands.out, and it stopped there. I couldn't proceed further.

    My another question is about the K points, I could generate a k point
path via Xcrysden, but I couldn't generate the all the k points I need to
input manually for the 'nscf'  input as in the examples. I defined 50 k
points in Xcrysden, however, the final result was only the few high symmetry
points I defined. I don't know how to get all the k points the 'nscf' needs?
I've tried the kpoints.x, but I don't know how the mesh n1,n2,n3 can be
connected to the k point path by Xcrysden, and how I should set up them.

      Thanks beforehand for anyone who can explain these things to me, I
really appreciate it.

      Best regards.

Chengyu Yang
Material Science, University of Central Florida
USA