[Pw_forum] How to convince QE from local lapack/blas?

Guntram Schmidt guntram.schmidt at chemie.uni-halle.de
Mon Aug 1 12:08:42 CEST 2011

Dear Paolo!

Thanks a lot for this clearification! It finally got me to be able to
use essl, though.
I had to use -D__ESSL instead of D_LINUX_ESSL (suggested by ./configure)!

Finally a last question: Is is meaningfull to have the internal lapack
loaded after the external one?

I mean:

LAPACK_LIBS    =  -lessl -L/gpfs/usrurz/lib64 -llapack
/gpfs/home/aasfu/espresso-4.3.2/lapack-3.2/lapack.a

vs.

LAPACK_LIBS    =  -lessl -L/gpfs/usrurz/lib64 -llapack

/gpfs/usrurz/lib64/liblapack.a beeing our local compiled version.

Thank you,
Guntram