[Pw_forum] bulk projected band structure

wenmei ming iphyboy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 05:34:13 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I'm going to plot bulk projected band structure on a 2D BZ. I'm
guessing(take x-y plane 2D for example) for every k point in xy plane (K_x,
k_y, 0.0) I have to calculate all other energies with different k_z. By this
way the final energy band structure with K index only on xy plane is
so-called bulk projected band structure. But one problem for this I need to
specify too much k-points, so I am wondering if there is a more efficient
way to do this? Can someone share your experience in this?

Thanks so much in advance.

Jack Ming