[Pw_forum] Ultrasoft Pseudopotential of Eu

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at materials.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 19:30:58 CEST 2011

On 4/27/11 5:45 PM, hanghui chen wrote:
> Dear PWscf community,
>       I am wondering if any one has succeeded in generating the
> ultrasoft pseudopotential of Eu, using uspp-736. Now in the literature,
> for most of the work that involves Eu, the calculation is done with VASP
> where the pseudopotential is provided in its own library.
>       Thank you very much indeed.
>
> Hanghui Chen
> Department of Physics,
> Yale University

Dear Hanghui,

we have a test one normconserving, with f electrons in the valence, and
an ultrasoft one, with f electrons in the core. This is part of a
project developing and testing lanthanides pseudos, to be released later
on, but if you want to give them a try, I can send them to you (would
be great to have some test feedback).

			nicola