[Pw_forum] new bfgs: strange behavior doing vc-relax

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Apr 19 11:03:41 CEST 2011

dear  Max Popov
      have you bothered looking at the output ? has the bfgs procedure
converged ?
      Notice that in recent versions of vcrelax one additional scf
calculation is performed at the final configuration reinitializing
reciprocal lattice vectors .
      this has nothing to do with the bfgs procedure. it's a check to
verify what is the impact of the deformation of the cutoff "sphere"
induced by the cell-shape change.
    if the cutoff is large enough the change should be very small. 0.5
mRy looks small to me.

Stefano de Gironcoli
SISSA & DEMOCRITOS