[Pw_forum] Pseudo potentials for hybrid DFT

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 18:25:50 CEST 2011

Dear Brend,

>From /Doc/INPUT_PW.txt

 Variable:       input_dft

   Type:           CHARACTER
   Default:        read from pseudopotential files
                         See Modules/functionals.f90 for allowed values.
                         Overrides the value read from pseudopotential files.
                        Use with care and if you know what you are doing!

But as far as I remember this works (at least, worked) for norm-conserving
pseudopotentials only.

> Is it important that pseudo potentials matches to the DFT functional?

Yes, all pseudopotentials you apply should have the same DFT if you  do not use
input_dft keyword.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University,
Sweden

Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys,
Russia,

isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com