[Pw_forum] npool in nscf calculation

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Thu Apr 14 08:59:51 CEST 2011

there is no need for the number of pools to be a whole divisor of the
number of k-point. This would produce the optimal balance but is not
necessary. The k-points are distributed across pools as evenly as
possible so that there is at most one kpoint difference (example: 10
kpoints in 4 pools are distributed as 3,3,2,2).

The number of points that matters is the number that the code needs to
compute: that is the number of inequivalent point AFTER the symmetry
checks have been performed in a scf run, and the number of points given
in input in the case of a nscf calculation.

stefano
SISSA and DEMOCRITOS