[Pw_forum] Spectra from GW and TDDFPT

mohsen modaresi modaresi.mohsen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 13:59:50 CEST 2011

Dear Jiayu Dai,
Prof. R. Godby is one of the most famous scientist who worked on many-body
theory. i think this lecture should be help full for you.
{Many-Body Theory and DFT / TDDFT
Rex Godby"
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:gBMHk9QaO3cJ:www.tddft.org/TDDFT2006/2006tddft/docs/school/Godby.pdf+TDDFT+and+GW&hl=en&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiq9Au0dGZsFvyPUtLL9nEaPg44xzN8NzkJiiguvyAdyTFUpucP8XOKWMyrKammwPLMDfQZncmtgoh8NA-PFsRKaUxsRnrdbFId7a7dW2mkkOHqrr4TFgpalZC775KF1njtbF4p&sig=AHIEtbTLv5XgSx5m0wfXO3sMV7vzJlgOtg&pli=1

Hope it helps,

2011/4/13 jiayudai <daijiayu at nudt.edu.cn>

>  Dear users,
>
> It is well known that GW method can give much more accurate band gap since
> it considers many body interaction, and thus it can give more accurate
> optical properties. What i am thinking is that what's the difference between
> the optical properties from TDDFPT and GW. I mean, TDDFPT has the same
> accuracy as the GW method? or what's the advantage of TDDFPT over the GW
> except the computationl cost?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Jiayu

> Jiayu Dai
> Department of PhysicsNational University of Defense Technology,
> Changsha, 410073, P R China

Mohsen Modarresi,
PhD student of Solid State Physics, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
Phone +98-9133452131