[Pw_forum] XSpectra can not run

Matteo Calandra matteo.calandra at impmc.jussieu.fr
Tue Apr 12 09:21:06 CEST 2011

> hi, Paolo,
>       Thank Matteo and you very much! Well, I got some similar reading
> error when I tried to do XSpectra calculation with my own input file.
> Could you please see the post
> http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2011-April/020020.html
>   for me (I apologize if you've already seen it)? Thank you very much!
> best wishes
> Yu Zhang

Dear Yu Zhang,

  I think the problem is that some of your pseudopotentials do not
have gipaw reconstruction inside.

In principle this is needed only for the absorbing atom, but for
the moment the code requires that all the pseudo do have gipaw
reconstruction.

I have to modify this as soon as I have some time.

Th second problem is that xspectra does not work with the
Gamma only version of the code. So you should run both the
scf and xspectra not with

K_POINTS gamma

but with

K_POINTS automatic