[Pw_forum] Number of plane waves in output files

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Tue Apr 5 08:26:26 CEST 2011

In data 05 aprile 2011 alle ore 00:27:10, Rose Mary
<rose1988.mary at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> I would like to know how do we find the total number of plane waves from
> the output file of quantum espresso?Is it the term '* npwx = 1887' *for
> the
> following output file which has been given as one of the examples of

Dear Rose Mary,
the number of plane waves depends (very weakly) on the k-point, while npwx
is the maximum among all k-points. If you wish to know the number of pw at
each point you can edit PW/hinit0.f90 to add a print statement after line
57, i.e.:
   IF ( nks > 1 ) WRITE( iunigk ) igk !line 57
   write(*,*) "kpt,npw:", ik, npw

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto