[Pw_forum] negative values in XANES

jiayudai daijiayu at nudt.edu.cn
Thu Sep 30 13:54:51 CEST 2010

Dear matteo,

Thanks for your reply to me. The "negative" means the negative position in x-axis. And i added the "ef_r" in the input file, and the position of the absorption is reasonable now. However, when the pressure is high (high density), the fermi energy should be also very high. Even i added the "ef_r", the absorption after cutting the contribution of occupied states is only a isolated peak. In the same case but with lower density, there is not this problem. And the analysis of density of states for the system tells me that there should be absorption at the position of high energy. In this case, the absorption before occ_cut and after occ_cut is very different (the intensity is very weak, about 10-8). So, i can not find physcal reason to explain it. Is there also some problems in my calculation?

By the way, i changed some parameters of &occ_cut& part, but the results were the same.

Thanks again, and best wishes.

Jiayu