[Pw_forum] energy cutoff for oxides

Lorenzo Paulatto Lorenzo.Paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Mon Sep 27 10:00:39 CEST 2010

Dear Mayak,
the cutoff energy required for convergence does not depend on the chemical
composition but on the pseudopotentials chosen. If you have use
norm-conserving pseudos for Oxygen, and/or pseudopotentials for Lithium
with semi-core (1s) electrons than 100Ry is reasonable. To be sure, you
should tell us which pseudopotential you've used.

best regards