[Pw_forum] Young's Modulus

Mehmet Topsakal metokal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 19:30:07 CEST 2010

Dear Eyvaz,

I think you omitted one more thing to mention. Brute-force method also
allows one to know what he is doing.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:14 PM, Eyvaz Isaev <eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, you are right about Abinit for elastic constants calculations. The
> main question is which method (Abinit or via total energy) is easier
> and less time-consuming.
>
> Bests,
> Eyvaz.
> Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
> Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University,
> Sweden
> Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys,
> Russia,
> isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com

Mehmet Topsakal  (Ph.D. Student)
UNAM-Institute of Materials Science and Nanotechnology.
Bilkent University. 06800 Bilkent, Ankara/Türkiye
Tel: 0090 312 290 3527 ; Fax: 0090 312 266 4365
UNAM-web  : www.nano.org.tr