[Pw_forum] Young's Modulus

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Tue Sep 21 13:39:33 CEST 2010

Mohsen: I think you can answer by yourself to your question.
Answer this question first:
1) How is the Young's modulus defined?
Ask then yourself the following question:
Can the ingredients entering the answer to question #1 be calculated by QE?
Please, revert to us with the answer to the above chain of questions.
SB

On Sep 21, 2010, at 9:41 AM, mohsen modaresi wrote:

> Dear all,
> Can Q. E calculate Young's Modulus?
> Thanks for your reply
>
> --
> Mohsen Modarresi,
> PhD student of Solid State Physics, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
> Phone +98-9133452131

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center - Trieste
http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale de la pensée - Jean Piaget