[Pw_forum] Quantum Espresso installed, but examples not running

Alexander Eftimiades alexeftimiades at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 22:19:43 CEST 2010

I should then mention that everything used to compile and execute
Quantum Espresso was built for Debian because it was installed using
synaptic package manager. The large library of packages Synaptic
provides is exactly the reason I use Debian.
I just updated all my software recently so I am quite sure I am using
the latest version of MPI, gfortran, etc Synaptic has to offer.

If you still think my compilers are the problem--any ideas on how I
could go about fixing this. I scoured the web for free ab initio
quantum chemistry software that can calculate phonon dispersion
relations and this definitely seemed to be one of the best. I would
really like to get this running--especially since my projects are not
very different than some of the examples provided.