[Pw_forum] xspectra calculation (wumindt2)

wumindt2 wumindt2 at zju.edu.cn
Tue Oct 19 01:21:35 CEST 2010

Dear Matteo,

It seems i have found the problem. It's not the problem of the
xcoordcrys. I set it as .true. and the polarization vectors are (0,0,1) and
(0,1,0). The xray k vector is the default value (1,0,0).
BTW, can we use the same vector for polarization and xay k moment?
e.g. Both of them are (1,0,0). Is it OK?

The problem i found is that i set the "cut_occ_states" = .true.
Then it cut all the occupied state that i expected to see.
When i reset it to .false., i saw the expected peak.

I have another problem, what does the "ef_r" do in the calculation?
For instance, i got fermi level of -5 eV with scf calculation.
The i set ef_r= -5/13.6 Ry. Then, in the calculated xspectra data, where is
the Fermi level? It is ajusted to 0 eV, or still is the -5 eV?

Sorry to bother you again.
Thanks so much.

Cheers,

Min Wu 2010-10-18