[Pw_forum] Pw_forum Digest, Vol 40, Issue 29

loc duong ding mambom1902 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 13:51:54 CEST 2010

Could you please explain me a little more about that? Is it plot number 7 for
the wave function? What is the meaning of psi ? If I want to draw the wave
function of two state nearest Fermi level, how should I do?

If possible, can you give me some hint to set up the input file for that?

I hope to receive more help from you?

> > Dear all,
> >
> > I want  to draw the wave function shape ( some KS orbitals near the Fermi
>level).
>
> > I check the input of Post processing but there is no option to draw  wave
> > function.
>
> Have you read the documentation in  Doc/INPUT_PP.txt ?

>     +--------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Variable:       plot_num
>
>    Type:            INTEGER
>
>                        0  = charge
>
>                        1  = total potential V_bare + V_H  + V_xc
>
>                        2  = local ionic potential V_bare
>
>                        3  = local density of states at  e_fermi
>
>                        4  = local density of electronic entropy
>
>                        5  = STM images
>
>                        6  = spin  polarization (rho(up)-rho(down))
>
>                        7  = contribution of a selected wavefunction to  the
>                             (pseudo-)charge density. Noncollinear case:
>                              contribution of the given state to the charge or
>                             to the  magnetization along the direction
indicated
>                             by  spin_component (0 = charge, 1 = x, 2 = y, 3 = z
>)
>

> GS
>

> > Can we extract the shape of the wave function by  PWscf? If possible, could
>you
>
> > gives some instructions how to do that?
> >

> > I appreciate all your helps.
> >
> >  Sincerely,

Loc Duong Dinh
Ms-Ph.D Student
Sungkyunkwan Advanced Institute of Nanotechnology,
Sungkyunkwan University,
Suwon, 440-746, Korea
Email: mambom1902 at yahoo.com, ddloc at skku.edu