[Pw_forum] k_point for sheet in bands calculation

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Oct 18 09:04:35 CEST 2010

Hello,

Il giorno 16/ott/2010, alle ore 14.30, Farzad Molani ha scritto:

> Hello,
> I'm goimg to study electronic stucture of nano sheet and I have a question about the
> K-point. I think for sheet we need sampling from gamma to K.
> Is it true?

If your system is two-dimensional you will need to sample a 2D Brillouin zone, as well as to choose the cell size in the third direction big enough to avoid a spurious interaction between periodic replicas of the sheet.

> So in bands calculation for k-point I should choice { crystal }. Am I right?

You can get the correct k-points whatever option you specify to K_POINTS (tpiba, automatic,...), as long as you know what are the k-points that you need and what this options mean. Please read the documentation and the tutorials, as suggested by Duy Le.

GS

> I couldn't undrestand about points of { crystal } in k-point from gamma to K.
> what are these points depends on?
>
> Farzad Molani,
> Ph.D Student,
> Department of Theoretical Physical Chemistry,
> K. N. Toosi University of Technology,
> Tehran, Iran.
> Tel.: 009891 4442 3308
> Tel.: 009821 2306 4280