[Pw_forum] EXX on 1D supercells fail - solved

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Sat Oct 16 16:16:53 CEST 2010

On Oct 16, 2010, at 8:56 , Madan Mithra. L. M wrote:

> I have found that removing 'ecutrho' from the input file makes the
> job to run.

thank you for the info. I don't think however that removing ecutrho
as ONLY
change can make your job run. In your job, ecutrho=4*ecutwfc. This is
correct
and is the default, so if you remove it, nothing should change.

I have noticed is that your job uses many bands (approx. two times more
than actually needed) a large cutoff and a large number of k-points.
Since
in exact-exchange calculations all wavefunctions are stored into memory,
you may easily exceed thr available memory limits

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics, Univ. Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222