[Pw_forum] Pw_forum Digest, Vol 40, Issue 20

Duy Le ttduyle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 21:33:34 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Tram Bui <trambui at u.boisestate.edu> wrote:
> Hi,

Welcome!

>   My name is Tram Bui and i'm new to the forum so i'm not quite sure how the
> Q&A work,

You can email any question to the mailing list. Make sure to use a
clear subject and sign in the end of your email.
If you reply from a PW-forum digest, please remove all irrelevant
content so that other member can follow easily.

>but today I want to try the forum with my very first question is
> that: If i want to calculate the total energy based on lattice parameters of
> SiC, how do you determine (or find) the ecutoff (kinetic energy cutoff of
> wave function) value for a material structure such as SiC?

You need to test this value. The total energy of a system will
converge as increasing energy cutoff.

> Thank you,
> Tram
>

> --