[Pw_forum] Potentials between two charged particles

Baowei Liu bliu520 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 02:24:54 CEST 2010

Hi Prof. Gironcoli,

Thank you for your fast reply. I tried the following calculation. It gives
me
 !    total energy              =    -325.65235136 Ry.
But Some of rho values are negative when I do post processing. What could be
the possible reason?

 &control
    calculation = 'scf'
    restart_mode='from_scratch',
    prefix='Ge',
    pseudo_dir = '$PSEUDO_DIR/',
    outdir='$TMP_DIR/'
 &system
    ibrav=  0,
    nat= 2, ntyp= 2,
    occupations = 'smearing',smearing='marzari-vanderbilt',
    degauss=0.05,
    nosym=.true.,
    ecutwfc = 110
    ecutrho = 880