[Pw_forum] on nosym=.true.

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Thu Nov 25 09:22:25 CET 2010

Dear Stefano,
I did "vc-relax" + "cell_dofree='z'" calculation with two input files:
In the first, I constrained the position of the first atom (out of ten
atoms) to remain unchanged, and in the second, I did not constrain any atom.
The calculation of the first case completed successfully, but the
unconstrined case stopped (after 12 scf cycles and 5 bfgs steps) with the
message:
trust_radius < trust_radius_min
resetting bfgs history
from bfgs : error #1
bfgs history already reset at previous step

How can I handle it?

Bests,
mahmoud