[Pw_forum] on nosym=.true.

Mahmoud Payami mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Wed Nov 24 10:39:10 CET 2010

Dear QE experts,
I am doing slab calculations, and have let the interlayer spacings change
along z-direction. I sometimes encounter the message: "the symmetry
opetarion  #... is not...", and sometimes this problem causes the program
stop. However, I followed Eyvaz's suggestion in the forum and added
"nosym=.true." in &SYSTEM. Now there is no complain about symmetry operation
but the number of k-points has been increased. My question is: using
"nosym=.true.", what symmetry operations are ignored, and where should I
refer to find out which symmetry operation number refers to what?
Best regards,
Mahmoud Payami,

Physics Group, AEOI, Tehran, Iran.