[Pw_forum] OPTIONAL VARIABLES FOR RAMAN

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Nov 12 22:47:23 CET 2010

On Nov 12, 2010, at 14:09 , Eduardo Ariel Menendez Proupin wrote:

> Hi, Where can I read the meaning of these options of the PHONON code ?

you can read the meaning of those options...in your message! Seriously:
what you reported is more or less all the available documentation of
those
variables, which you shouldn't need to set in normal circumstances. In
order to know more, you have to know the details of the algorithm

>       Variable:       eth_rps

more exactly, threshold used in the solution of the linear system
(H-\epsilon_v) x |\psi_v> = [H,x]|\psi_v>

>       Variable:       eth_ns

Needed to calculate |\psi_{k+\delta q}>

>       Variable:       dek

this is actually \delta q above, because du_q/dq, with u_q=periodic part
of the wavefunction, is used in the calculation of second-order response

No warranty - P.
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Chemistry&Physics, Univ. Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222