[Pw_forum] Parallel installation MPIF90 issue

Riccardo Di Meo dimeo at democritos.it
Wed May 26 21:25:23 CEST 2010

Vikas Varshney wrote:
> Dear Riccardo,
>
> Thanks, I tried first one just before I saw your email.
> I got into some other problem now. When I tried make all, I got some
> compilation errors in the first fortran program itself iotl_base.f90
> The error seems to be "Lead underscore not allowed". This is coming
> repeatedly and there a a repeated warning "Bad #preprocessor line". I
> am using ifort compiler. I am going to do some search to see what this
> is about. If you have any insight, help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Best Regards,
> Vikas
I do remember having similar problems, and although not sure, maybe the
issue came from mixing different compilers.

Is maybe configure picking your mpif90 compiler (which uses intel) as
the fortran parallel compiler, and gfortran as the serial one? If so,
you might want to use the FC env variable and point it to the intel
compiler manually.

Just guessing anyway...
Cheers,
RDM