[Pw_forum] Visualization of Results

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Thu May 20 15:45:14 CEST 2010

This should  help:

cat espresso-4.2/PlotPhon/Examples/Al_SC/Run_Plot_phonons
#!/bin/bash

echo 'Plot Phonon Dispersion Relations'
echo 'Eyvaz Isaev'
echo 'IFM, Linkoping University, Sweden'
echo 'Moscow State Institute of Steel and Alloys, Russia'
echo 'eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com, isaev at ifm.liu.se'

GS

On 05/20/2010 02:00 PM, Vikas Varshney wrote:
> Dear developers,
> Thanks for all the answers.
>
> Dear Paolo,
> I did not intend to visualize the phonons. I wanted to see the phonon
> dispersion relation. Which postprocessing code should I use for that.
> In general, where I can find the information where the output of all
> the executables in PP/ directory is mentioned and what information I
> would have to provide for each of them, if I want to use them.
>
> Best Regards,
> Vikas
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Paolo Giannozzi
> <giannozz at democritos.it <mailto:giannozz at democritos.it>> wrote:
>
>     Vikas Varshney wrote:
>
>     > I also tried to visualize the output of example02 (phonon
>     spectra) using
>     > PP/pp.x but was totally unsuccessful.
>
>     you can't visualize phonons with a postprocessing code that is
>     meant to
>     visualize the charge density, potentials, etc
>
>     P.
>     --
>     Paolo Giannozzi, Democritos and University of Udine, Italy

Gabriele Sclauzero, EPFL SB ITP CSEA
PH H2 462, Station 3, CH-1015 Lausanne