[Pw_forum] Pw_forum Digest, Vol 35, Issue 29

Padmaja Patnaik padmaja_patnaik at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 18 06:51:22 CEST 2010

Thank you for your response. Will check as per your advise.

Padmaja Patnaik

Research Scholar

Dept of Physics

IIT Bombay

Mumbai, India

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 18:22:14 +0200
From: Stefano Baroni <baroni at sissa.it>
Subject: Re: [Pw_forum] Doubt in starting magnetization value
To: PWSCF Forum <pw_forum at pwscf.org>

may be your allegedly "non-magnetic" material is actually magnetic? (or at least predicted to be so by the XC functional you are using ...)
SB

On May 16, 2010, at 4:31 AM, Padmaja Patnaik wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I have the following doubt. Is it possible that in a non magnetic sample, when i perform the scf calculations with a small value of starting magnetization (starting_magnetization=0.5) for each type of atom in the sample, then the final value of 'total magnetization' obtained will be some positive value? I expect that 'total magnetization' to be zero irrespective is the starting magnetization value as the sample is non-magnetic.
>
> Regards
>
> Padmaja Patnaik
> Research Scholar
> Dept of Physics
> IIT Bombay
> Mumbai, India

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center - Trieste
http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale de la pens?e - Jean Piaget

Please, if possible, don't  send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments
Why? See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

End of Pw_forum Digest, Vol 35, Issue 29